Lamborghini To Unveil New Urus And Huracán

Following its best half-year on record, the Italian marque has more to come.

By Terry Christodoulou 03/08/2022

Lamborghini is poised to announce a further two new variants of the Urus and yet another version of the Huracán by year’s end.

The Raging Bull upped its production efforts from 2021 by 4.9%, despite semi-conductor and supply-chain challenges, exacerbated by the war in Ukraine.

Unsurprisingly the Urus was the marque’s strongest performer, making up 61% of all sales, followed by the remaining Aventador and Huracán supercars accounting for the remaining 39%.

From August, the Italian marque will begin to unveil what is suspected to be the Lamborghini Urus ‘EVO’, which has already been spotted testing in Germany and is to pack slightly more power than the existing version and showcase a slender figure with its weight believed to be below 2200kg.

The other Urus expected is rumoured to be a plug-in hybrid that is set for a 2024 launch. Here, Lamborghini is likely to borrow the 500kW powertrain from familial marque Porsche’s Cayenne Turbo S E-Hybrid.

On the supercar front, the upcoming Huracán is the already teased Sterrato, featuring an adapted version of the four-wheel drive system from the regular Huracán Evo, as well as a tuned version of its 470kW V10 engine.

The Sant’Agata-based company’s profits increased by 69.6% compared with the first half of 2021, from €251 million ($361m) to €425m ($625m).

Subscribe to the Newsletter

Stay Connected

You may also like.

The First Bizzarrini 5300 GT Corsa Revival Was Just Delivered

This Italian stunner is a redux of the 1965 Le Mans winner.

By Basem Wasef

09/08/2022

Own This Rare 1961 Ferrari 400 Superamerica

Offered by Gooding & Company, the award-winning Prancing Horse has less than 24,000km on it.

By Robert Ross

09/08/2022

Czinger’s Bonkers New 3-D-Printed Hypercar

“You could have 1,000 engineers and they would never get to this solution,” says co-founder Kevin Czinger.

By Viju Mathew

08/08/2022

Own Paul Walker’s 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS 2.7

The late “Fast and Furious” star bought the car sight unseen in 2011.

By Basem Wasef

05/08/2022

Meet The Porsche 911 GT3 R

Power and performance combine again in the marque’s latest race car release.

By Basem Wasef

02/08/2022

Buy the Magazine

Subscribe to Robb Report today!

Subscribe today

Stay Connected