Double dose of glam at Australian Fashion Film Awards
Australia’s film and fashion industries joined forces for a double dose of glam at the recent Australian Film Fashion Awards. Amidst a creative smorgasbord at Melbourne’s Australian Centre for the Moving Image (ACMI), some of the biggest names in Australian fashion rose to the fore with awards going to Sass & Bide, Paspaley and The Woolmark Company.
Guests in attendance included TV presenter and Getaway Show host Catriona Rowntree, actress Carla Bonner, TV presenter Tineka Everaart, digital entrepreneur sisters How Two Live, Real Housewives’ Pettifleur Berenger and personality Anna Heinrich.
AFFA founder Anastasia Fai commented: “Fashion Film is extremely diverse and it is an honour to be active in such a creative industry. We can’t wait to see next year’s submissions!” (affawards.org)
The full list of winners is below:
• Best Emerging Label - Squeak Design - ‘How to Pocket Square’
• Best International Fashion Film - Christian Larson (Cartier) - ‘Paris Nouvelle Vague’
• Best Hair & Makeup - Daren Borthwick & Peter Beard - ‘Three Women Arrive’
• Best Fashion Styling - Tom Craig (Gucci for Net-a-Porter) - ‘Gucci for Net-a-Porter’
• Best Sound Design or Music - Radge Ratasphong and Charlie O’Brien (Sass and Bide) - ‘Amante Amore’
• Best Visual Effects - The Woolmark Company - ‘The Innovator’
• People's Choice - ‘Love Yourself’ by Lucas Jatoba for Macquarie Centre
• Best Concept - Ace Norton (Garrett Leight) - ‘Synchronicity’
• Best Director - Ariel Kleiman (Paspaley) - ‘Behind the Lens’
• Best Australian Fashion Film - Radge Ratasphong (Sass and Bide) - ‘Amante Amore’